Ingo Berther has a story that many athlete’s in Germany can probably relate to. The game of football is still pretty to new to Ingo as a player. But in just a short amount of time Ingo has begun to fall in love with the game and is ready to compete at the next level. In 2019 Ingo spent the year playing Wide Receiver for the Biberach Beavers in the GFL2. But now this 6’2ft 200lbs Wide Receiver is ready to be ELITE and take his talents to college football. Check out our Q & A with Ingo below.
How long have you played football?
- I first started playing football when I was 17years old, I am 20 now so this was my 3rd season playing football. I’m a Wide Receiver but I played some Free Safety too. The game of football is still new to me but I have grown and learn a lot as an athlete over the years.
What are your current goals with football?
- I want to play college football because I think it’s the best way to become the best player I can be. I believe playing college football will give me the opportunity to really develop as an athlete and a young man. College football players get the opportunity to study and train as a football play all day. Most guys in Germany would dream of having that opportunity.
Which player do you watch the most? And whom would you say you play like?
- I watch Deandre Hopkins a lot because of his crazy good hands. To me, I think Hopkins is the most complete receiver playing in the NFL. But when it comes to route running, I love to watch Steffon Diggs of the Minnesota Viking’s and Devontae Adams of the Green Bay Packers. Ironically I would not say I play like these two guys. If I had to compare myself to any player in the NFL it would be Amari Cooper. I am not the fastest ballplayer, but I am explosive and enjoy contact like Amari Cooper.
How has playing football affected your life?
- Football has changed my life and the way I try to achieve my goals! The game of football has taught me that I can really do anything if I work hard , have passion and, keep a positive attitude.
Why should a team recruit you?
- Because I’m a good teammate and I want to win no matter what! Also I’m, not a big talker, I prefer to listen. That makes me super coachable! I want to compete at the highest level and allow coaches to help me improve.
Check out Ingo’s highlight tape below and be sure to share this article with someone you know. At Europe’s Elite we use this platform to give young athletes the exposure they deserve.