During its meeting of March 12, 2021, the new Steering Committee of the FFFA, took note of the situation of the competitions of the various federal disciplines with regard to the health context.
Considering that no significant prospect of improvement exists regarding a potential resumption of contact training in the coming weeks, and that at least five weeks of preparation are necessary before being able to participate in an official American football match, he It was decided to cancel the holding of national competitions in this discipline (D1, D2, D3, women’s challenge, French U19 championship).
In addition, knowing that a minimum preparation time of two months is necessary before safely participating in a cheerleading routine, the Management Committee also decided to cancel the national competitions of this discipline (French championship) as well. , qualifications included).
By taking these two decisions, difficult but responsible, the FFFA is clear and wishes above all to protect its licensees and remove the uncertainty that weighs on all federal stakeholders.
When it comes to flag football, there is little hope as it is possible to participate in a competitive flag football tournament with only three weeks of preparation beforehand. The Coupe de France and mixed competitions are therefore still possible, even if it will be necessary to count on a clear improvement in the context, and above all, on an authorization from the competent authorities. The latter are for the moment hermetic to our requests to be able to organize our competitions, because they do not meet, including for the D1 of American football, the required criteria (to have a majority of sportsmen drawing their main income from their employment contract of athlete, in particular).
These cancellations being formalized, we must now look to the future. From the next few weeks, the sports commissions will organize meetings with the clubs of the different disciplines and with the regional leagues so that all federal players can look together at the end of the season and the next season. The objective is to determine the formats of practice which will allow, as soon as the health situation allows it, to allow the license holders to practice in an attractive and safe environment.
The Federation will also present an ambitious recovery plan in the coming weeks to ensure the sustainability of its affiliated structures. Indeed, the main challenge for the coming months is to prepare for the 2021-2022 season to re-attract practitioners after a new “white” competition season, with the objective of having a dynamic and intense 2021 sports start for our students. clubs.